Work Safely at Heights + Tower Rescue + EWP Rescue
You are saving $220
UETDRMP009 – Perform tower rescue
UETDRMP004 – Perform elevated work platform controlled descent escape
UETDRMP005 – Perform elevated work platform rescue
RIIWHS204E – Work Safely at heights
UEECD0007 Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
This course specifies the outcome required to work safely at height. This course includes accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights, assessing hazards and risks associated with working at heights and implementing control methods, selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment, identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment, checking the correct fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment and performing work safely at heights.
Training is designed to be realistic and customised to suit your particular work situation (e.g. communications towers, energy transmission towers, or chair-lifts). This course is suitable for anyone who has the requirement to access towers or poles of any kind within their work.
This course covers the use of EWP controlled descent escape procedures, including rescuing a person from a raised EWP. It specifies the requirements and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to escape or assist with a rescue from an EWP with an Emergency Descent Device or Controlled Descent Device.
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up the work area
- AS 1891.4 (overview) (contextualised to tower environments)
- WHS legislative requirements (overview)
- Ladder fall-arrest systems
- Work positioning systems
- PPE selection, use, basic maintenance
- Fall arrest systems
- Using double hook lanyards
- Installing solid and reliable anchorage
- Practical rescue
- Assessment activities (e.g. rescues) in tower context
- Inspection and fitting of rescue equipment
- Assessing and controlling hazards to rescuer, victim, and others
- Isolation procedures
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to EWP rescue &
- EWP controlled descent rescue
- Involvement of external emergency services as appropriate
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
This program has been designed to assess a person’s competence in accordance with the Health Training Package and the proprietary requirements of the organisation or workplace. The assessment will consist of a written assessment and a practical demonstration
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Are you looking for on-site training for your personnel?
Click on the button below and fill the form, and we will get back to you with discounted quote.