Why Choose Perform Pole Top Rescue
This competency standard unit covers the performance of pole top rescue procedures as an emergency procedure required in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a pole top and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution and rail work functions.
It encompasses responsibilities for rescue, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (or equivalent)
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
- Safety PPE and footwear, appropriate clothing, long sleeves, long pants
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Evidence of each participant holding the pre-requisite / pre-entry requirements must be provided prior to entry into the course.
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to pole top rescue
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety