Please select your desired location, and then choose the date.
- SYDNEY - Campbelltown NSW 2560
- SYDNEY - St Marys NSW 2760
- SYDNEY - Castle Hill NSW 2154
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Completing this course allows you to work in licenced venues across NSW
- The Safety Australia Training one day face to face ‘Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol’ (RSA) training course provides hotel, bar and club staff with the knowledge and awareness required to responsibly sell, serve and supply alcohol within licensed venues in NSW.
Unit of competency:
- Successful participants will receive a National Statement of Attainment in ‘SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol’ as part of SIT20213 Certificate II in Hospitality.
- Participants who successfully complete this course will receive an interim RSA certificate that allows them to work immediately in licensed venues across NSW (except for the Kings Cross sector in Sydney. You will need to wait until you have your photo-card).
- You will need to present the interim certificate and 100 points of identification at a NSW Service Centre or RMS Office where you will be able to obtain your photo-card.
You can look up your closest location with the Service NSW centre locator.
The fee for the photo-card is included in your Safety Australia training fee, therefore you will have nothing further to pay to collect your photo-card.
- Your card is valid for five years and serves as proof that you have completed the necessary course to work in a licensed venue.
Entry requirements: There are no entry requirements for this training program, however you must be 18 years or older to work in licensed venues in NSW.
- Legislation affecting the service of alcohol
- Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines
- How can you responsibly serve alcohol to prevent intoxication?
- To pass the Responsible Service of Alcohol course you will need to complete a written and practical assessment. However no pre-course revision is required as your Safety Australia trainer will teach you everything you need to know on the day.
What to bring:
- One form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport.
- Blue or black pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Ensure you read our Pre-Course Information Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA). If applicable and our Student Handbook before booking as it contains our booking conditions.
This course is delivered by Catch Training RTO 41007
Through RSA training, people working in licensed establishments will be equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to operate them safely and responsibly.
A requirement for RSA training is applicable to licensees and staff selling, offering, or serving liquor in general on-premises, late-night, and packaged liquor licenses. We can also attach an RSA condition to any liquor license if we deem it necessary.
A licensee and staff associated with a licensed premise that is required to comply with the RSA requirements have one month from the date the first sale, offer for sale, or service of liquor on licensed premises occurs to complete the RSA training course.
A person under the age of 18 may complete an approved RSA training course; however, they must wait until they reach the age of 18 before using the training.
All licensees and staff selling, offering, or serving liquor for general on-premises late-night and packaged liquor licenses are required to obtain RSA certification.
It is important to note that each state in Australia has its requirements regarding RSA. If you are seeking RSA certification or courses in Australia, look no further than CFT, the leading provider of food safety training and certification.
There is a requirement to complete an RSA course provided by a certified training provider in order to be authorized to sell, serve, or supply alcohol in Australia. The RSA training course provides an overview of state liquor laws and guides serving and supplying alcohol responsibly.
As well as providing critical information about helping customers stay within safe limits while drinking, our RSA courses also provide students with an understanding of how to assess the amount of alcohol consumed by clients and how to refuse services.
The RSA Course Duration
It may take an individual from one to two months to complete an online RSA course. Several factors will influence how long you will need to complete the course. These factors include your existing knowledge, your computer skills, and the amount of time you wish to dedicate to the course.
In general, it will take most students between 2 and 4 hours to complete the RSA training. In addition, we recommend that you not take long breaks between training sessions as you may not be able to recall the learning materials as clearly after some time.
Online RSA Course
In addition to RSA training sessions conducted on-site, there are RSA training sessions delivered online for those who prefer to learn online or simply want the flexibility of completing a training session at their own pace.
Training courses are available for each state’s legislation, whether you live in Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, or the Northern Territory.
In addition, there are no better or worse ways to complete an RSA course, whether it is conducted online or in person. However, the advantage of obtaining a certificate through an online course is that it saves the student time traveling for in-person training. Online RSA courses are also usually much less expensive than in-person courses.
Benefits of Completing an RSA Course
As a result of completing an RSA course will allow you to gain employment in various industries, including bars, clubs, restaurants, hotels, event management, and catering. Furthermore, reducing the number of problems and crimes resulting from intoxication in children, juvenile drinking, and drunk driving is beneficial.
Having an RSA will ensure that your establishment maintains a positive reputation in the long run, especially if you intend to open a new establishment that serves alcohol. Future employers from other industries will also look for RSA certificates in job applications to demonstrate their commitment to learning and upskilling.
The assessment requirements of the RSA
If you wish to pass the Responsible Service of Alcohol course, you will have to complete both a written and practical assessment. However, you will not have to revise before the course, as the Safety Australia instructor will teach you everything you need to know on the day of the course.
The possibility of failing your RSA course
In addition, you will have the opportunity to re-answer the questions if you answer the questions incorrectly. Support teams are usually available to assist with any assistance you may need. Staff members can also track students who are experiencing difficulty and may be able to e-mail them to offer assistance with their studies.
Verbal assessments required for RSA
The CFT RSA course assessment generally does not include a verbal assessment over the phone. The assessment consists of answering questions and studying case studies that are integrated into the online content.
The RSA course outcomes
- As a result of completing this course, participants will receive an interim RSA certificate that will allow them to work immediately in licensed venues throughout the state, except the Kings Cross area in Sydney, where you will be required to wait until you receive your photo identification card.
- It will be necessary for you to present the interim certificate and 100 points of identification to an NSW Service Centre or RMS office so that you may obtain your photo ID.
The Service NSW center locator allows you to locate your nearest location. In addition to your Safety Australia training fee, you will need to pay a fee for the photo card, so you will not have to pay an additional fee to collect the photo card.
- Upon receiving your card, you will be able to work in licensed venues for the next five years as evidence that you have completed the required training.
As a final note, most states are now allowing people to complete the RSA Course online; this allows them to complete the course at their own pace and at a convenient time. It is convenient, easy to take, much less expensive than face-to-face training, and fully accredited.
Are you looking for on-site training for your personnel?
Click on the button below and fill the form, and we will get back to you with discounted quote.