Operate Breathing Apparatus
MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
Through the combination of theory and practical training, this course provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills required to safely use and operate respiratory protective equipment. This training is suited to all personnel required to wear respiratory protective equipment because they are working in a confined space or an irrespirable atmosphere.
• Course introduction and enrolment
• Reference documents / legislation
• Why is respiratory protection required?
• Types of supplied air breathing apparatus systems
• Understanding the role and functions of key components of breathing apparatus systems
• Calculating cylinder duration
• Pre-use & pre-operational checks
• Donning breathing apparatus equipment
• Practical exercises performed Assessment of students’ competence
The assessment for this programme has been designed to assess a person’s competence in accordance with the Manufacturing Training Package, any relevant Legislation and the proprietary requirements of the organisation or workplace. The assessment will consist of both a written and practical component.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Duration: It is recommended that this course be conducted with a maximum of 8 participants over a period of 4 hours
Are you looking for on-site training for your personnel?
Click on the button below and fill the form, and we will get back to you with discounted quote.