The Dangerous Goods General Awareness Course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to dangerous goods.
- What dangerous goods are, and how they differ from other hazardous substances and chemicals.
- A basic introduction to Regulations relating to the labelling, storage and transport of dangerous goods, including an overview of the Dangerous Goods Lists included in the transport Codes.
- A comprehensive overview of the properties and dangers of each of the 9 classes of dangerous goods and their divisions.
- Dangerous goods class diamonds and other labels which workers may come across.
- A basic overview of safe handling, storage and emergency procedures involving dangerous goods.
All components of this course are 100% online.
This training is suitable for anyone looking to gain a basic understanding of dangerous goods.
Due to the wide usage of dangerous goods in many industries, this course may be suitable for workers in a wide range of industries and job roles, including manufacturing and engineering, science and technology, warehousing and transport, health and veterinary services, emergency services and more.
As part of this course, learners will have access to:
- The “Complete Dangerous Goods Course for Beginners” – a comprehensive online learning module which provides all required theoretical information in a user-friendly and interactive online format. This module also includes a range of self-test questions, which help you to check your learning as you go.
- A theory assessment which tests each student’s understanding of the information provided in the Learners Guide.
Once learners have successfully completed the course and passed their theory assessment, they will receive a Certificate of Completion by Safety Australia Training.
Course fee: $65 plus GST