Please select your desired location, and then choose the date.
- SYDNEY - Campbelltown NSW 2560
- SYDNEY - St Marys NSW 2760
- SYDNEY - Castle Hill NSW 2154
Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
Course description: Provide first aid in an education and care setting is a relatively new Unit of Competency. The unit is designed to meet the workplace First Aid requirements for educators, support staff, carers and parents.
The Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) has endorsed HLTAID012 as satisfying all educator requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training – as outlined by National Regulations.
This means that if you work in education or childcare you no longer have to complete three separate courses to satisfy your First Aid requirements, this course covers it all.
This course is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
Unit of competency: HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid & HLTAID009 Provide CPR.
Course outcome: Participants who successfully pass this one day face to face Provide First Aid course will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in ‘HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid & HLTAID009 Provide CPR.
Entry requirements: First Aid is a skill that everyone should have. All are welcome on this course, there are no prerequisites.
- Asthma & Anaphylaxis
- Providing First Aid to Children
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Fractures, breaks and dislocations
- Minor and major burns and scalds
- Spinal and head injuries
- How to deal with a unconscious casualty, including fainting
- How to apply bandages
- Choking in adults, children and infants
- How to treat bites, stings, heatstroke and other Australian summer hazards!
Assessment requirements: To pass this one day face to face Provide First Aid course you will need to successfully complete a practical and written assessment. It is imperative that you complete the pre-work unless you are refreshing an existing First Aid qualification.
Duration: This course will run for one day. You will also need to complete a pre-work booklet covering theoretical information which you should expect to take approximately three hours to complete.
What to bring:
- You must bring one form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport (Unfortunately you will not be able to sit the course without this).
- Please bring a pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time so that your our facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.