RIIVEH305E – Operate and maintain a four-wheel-drive vehicle
Safety, maintenance, and vehicle familiarization.
Theory presentation covers the correct operation of a 4WD on and off-road, including differing terrains, with correct usage of low and high ranges.
Proper use of recovery equipment including winches and snatch straps.
Practical driving exercises with a range of obstacles (may include water crossings, steep inclines, and rough terrain).
- Identify four-wheel drive specific terms, terminology, and techniques
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Use the features of a four-wheel-drive vehicle to drive in a variety of terrain types.
- Understand Defence Drive
- Safety procedures to drive in wet conditions ( Stall procedures for hills)
- Use a single snatch strap to recover a vehicle
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on four-wheel-drive vehicles
Are you looking for on-site training for your personnel?
Click on the button below and fill the form, and we will get back to you with discounted quote.