UETTDRRF04 – Perform Tower Rescue
Training is designed to be realistic and customised to suit your particular work situation (e.g. communications towers, energy transmission towers, or chair-lifts). This course is suitable for anyone who has the requirement to access towers or poles of any kind within their work.
- AS 1891.4 (overview) (contextualised to tower environments)
- WHS legislative requirements (overview)
- Ladder fall-arrest systems
- Work positioning systems
- PPE selection, use, basic maintenance
- Fall arrest systems
- Using double hook lanyards
- Installing solid and reliable anchorage
- Practical rescue
- Assessment activities (e.g. rescues) in tower context
The assessment for this programme has been designed to assess a person’s competence in accordance the Training Package, any relevant Legislation and the proprietary requirements of the organisation or workplace. The assessment will consist of both a written and practical component.
Tower height rescue is considered to be a unique course in Australia that simply covers all the emergency responses which mainly involves the process of communication towers as well as radio towers along with other man-made structures that are available.
Training is mainly designed in order to provide a realistic as well as a customized situation where are you will be able to sort your particular work situation which can be a communication tower, or even a transmission tower.
Glue your eyes to the screen till we highlight more about this course in Australia and some details about it.
Why to Choose Tower Height Rescue Course in Australia?
This unique training course has the ability to develop the skills in order to rescue personal to complete some complex tower rescue procedures from towers such as electricity supply industrial towers as well as the telecommunication radio structures.
The course has the ability to cover the skills and knowledge in order to undertake the risk management process able to save a life when required by adhering the safety practices.
It allows the training participants in order to combat different types of on-site emergencies in order to be able to handle different situations without even having to panic.
The course also covers some mandatory requirements from tower and as to how you can apply it in the context of transmission, distribution process or rail work functions.
In the tower height rescue training you will be able to learn in order to work effectively on Towers and be safe at the same time. The training mainly Focuses on the following aspects such as:
- The method by which you can assess the work position.
- How to use double hook lanyards.
- Use of fixed ropes as well as fixed ladders on Towers.
- All the work position methods.
- Mobility when you are placed on the tower height.
- Abseiling techniques that are required.
- And last but not least rescuing techniques that are needed along with pick off techniques.
The course is idle for all those who have a requirement in order to access towers as well as poles of any kind in their work.
You may be curious to know what are the course inclusion provided by Safety Australia training. The course inclusion is stated as below such as:
- Our training’s are mainly conducted by our experienced high safety specialists that will make sure you learn everything well.
- They will provide specific knowledge of relevant legislation as well as the Australian standards for you to be able to work on heights.
- Our experts will provide special recommendation as well as advice you for the specialized equipment that are used in your workplace.
- You will be advised on high risk control method based on the nature of the work that you undertake while you are at heights.
- You will be given specific knowledge about abseiling skills, as well as the ability in order to work hands-free at heights.
- Rescuing of a stranded as well as an injured worker will be taught to you as well so that you can be a helping hand for your friend in case of an emergency at work.
- Finally, assessment of the activities that are done at tower.
Know Some Facts About the Tower Height Rescue Kit
Let us look further to understand what are included in the tower height rescue kit. Once you complete the course you will be asked to use this kit while you are rescuing at a tower height. So for that you should have a basic knowledge about what are included in its kit.
In your kit you will be able to see a rescue Road which is almost 11mm kernmantle. It is highly recommended in order to use the static rope. Knots are rarely used along with the preferring sewn eye which is placed at the end of the anchor.
According to the height Dynamics your rope has to be 5 meters longer than the height of the tower you are at. It is considered to be easier to use extra rope along with the redirects.
The anchor strap is another tool which is present in your kit. Two persons rely on a particular effective anchor so make sure your anchor is strong enough to handle both. It will be able to provide you with extra security over the sharp edges while you are at great heights.
Rescue descenders are available that have different frictions. A descender has the ability to operate differently with the weight of two people standing on it. It is better to choose a descender that you are familiar with and you have practiced while rescuing.
Carabineers especially the steel ones have the ability to add extra unwanted weight. It is a fact that still carabineers are robust and you should consider taking one or two in order to use on the anchor you are on mainly. It is highly advised in order to carry at least 6 carabineers in your kit.
Extras are items that can be desirable in order to give your kid more flexibility. That extra items are a rescue knife which can help you in order to release the casualty at the time of pick off rescue.
First aid kit we should be very beneficial as well as a cervical collar that can stabilize an injury faster.
You do not have to worry about anything as all these details will be taught to you by our experts at Safety Australia training.
Final Notes On Rescue Tower Heights
It is always a great idea in order to gain practical skill as well as earn a nationally recognized qualification. Tower height rescue course is very important even in Australia.
Assessment of this particular course has been designed in order to access the competence of the individuals in accordance with the package of training that has been provided.
Tower height rescue can often be a complicated process. But it will be easy if you have the right knowledge, skills as well as the kit with you. Using the incorrect tools can have serious consequences for you.
The legislation as well as the proprietary requirement of the organization as well as the workplace are also taken into consideration. You will be provided with a valid certificate only after the completion of your course where you will be marked based on a written as well as the practical components.
Aren’t you interested already in the tower height rescue course? What are you waiting for? Start today with the help of Safety Australia training and complete your rescue course with the help of our great mentors.
Are you looking for a group booking?
fill the form below, and we will get back to you with a discounted quote.